Monday, January 26, 2009

We survived

The weekend is over and we all survived. Honestly, I wasn't sure how Tim was going to, I didn't know it was possible to play that many video games and drink that much beer in one weekend and still live to tell the tale. Enough about that, I am over it, really...

As for the rest of us, we had a pretty good weekend. We went over to my parents house and had a movie marathon with my sister Kaela. I also didn't know it was possible to watch that many movies in one weekend. My sister and I were upstairs and the kids downstairs, it was crazy watching that many movies, if not a bit boring, but you do what you gotta do to pass the time. The kids loved it! Although, all the junk food may have sabatoged my chances at winning the biggest loser this week. Tim and I are in a weight loss competition with my sister, Kelly and her husband. Tim and I's chances are pretty much shot for the weekly prize this week, but I guess we already know who was the biggest loser this weekend...

I have to say the highlight of my weekend was definitely church. Kaela and I decided to go to church at my church this weekend because the Bishop was there celebrating Mass for the installment of our new priest. It was awesome, he gave all the children in his Communion line an individual blessing and gave a special shout out to young parents who make the sacrifice to make it to church every week with their little ones. He insisted that the yelling and screaming and talking was music to his ears. I am not going to accuse our Bishop of lying so I will appreciate his comments and remind myself of them every sunday, they are making music, right? I have to admit, though, the best part of the whole weekend was when the Bishop was sitting down with his hat and his staff and Peyton looked at me and said and I kid you not, "Mom, I want to be a Bishop when I get big!" I was speechless.

My future successor to the Apostles

1 comment:

  1. that is awesome! can't wait to see your post in a couple of weeks .... and your pictures!

    ReplyDelete