Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday, Monday, Monday

I have to admit, I have been looking forward to this Monday, today, for a long time. I saw it as the day we were past all the hiccups and bumps. The day we find out about the rest of our days. As far as Mondays go, it was pretty good. Tim worked from the guest room we were staying in. I am sure that was a bit stressful, but you gotta do what you gotta do. We found out that we are in fact being discharged tomorrow. We went for X-rays. We will get those explained to us tomorrow. We never did see the way her head looked before. This will be interesting. We found out a bit of a timeline as well. They have a discharge nurse who was very helpful. We will get new dressing on her head tomorrow. She will get a helmet that will protect her new (and rather large) soft spot as well as the stitches that will remain for a couple of weeks. She will wear the helmet for about 6-8 weeks. Then we get all our medicines from the Pharmacy and then we get out of here. It is all a bit surreal. As glad as I am to get her home. As much as I am looking forward to a decent night of sleep. As crazy as I miss my kids. I am still a little nervous. Even with knowing full well that things will be ok and she will be fine, the anxiety over the unknown sure knows how to creep in! I am sure once the next 6-8 weeks goes by, we'll look back and see how passing the stress was, until then, I just have to keep reminding myself that it will be ok.
As an added bonus and something going into this Monday I did not expect, VISITORS! We had three different groups of visitors come by today.. The first were cousins of mine from my home town. They were such a joy. It felt great to laugh and have some good company. The next group was a friend from the Church I went to in College and her baby boy. Man was he adorable. They were so sweet to visit. She was part of the surprise care package we received. The last was my brother, wife and two kids. Their daughter was such a great time and some more baby snuggles were just the ticket to a great and fun night. We went out to dinner, which was the second time we have left the hopsital since we got here. It was nice to get away, but it was sure hard to be gone. My sister in law understood that, all too well.

The night ended a bit different than I anticipated. There is a lot of emotion in a place like this and the magnitude kind of hit me all at once. The thing I kept repeating to myself was it is not for me to know. With so much pain and suffering around, it is hard to give thanks. But I will anyway. There is just so much to be thankful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment